labels.

Friday, October 11, 2013

The Babe-ette Party

Brunching with the ladies, Jessica, Kate, Carly, Becca and Anna at Flour Bakery
Every new mom deserves to have girlfriends as good mine. August in Boston was just about the perfect month for maternity leave. The weather was ideal for long walks and lounging in the park with my brand new babe. I only had eight weeks off and the highlight was six weeks in, when my best college buds came to meet Emaline and whisk me away for a much needed ladies night on the town.  

For some, six weeks may be too soon but I felt great and our chill baby made it easy to let Dad have his first few nights on duty. We brunched at Flour Bakery, spent a day strollering all over Boston, a night out in Harvard Square - dinner at The Red House and then dancing at The Donkey Show and the girls were too sweet to shower Emaline with gifts. It was the perfect weekend! Thank you ladies!

The infant stage is so precious but it can turn your mind to mush when baby's routine consists of eat, sleep, wail, repeat. I kept telling the girls that this should be the new Bachelor-ette party, because really when you have a baby that's the end to your fun nights out, not when you get married. So we decided, for first babies, whenever mom is ready, we'll do a 'Babe-ette' party. Can't wait for the next one!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you, sweet friend!

Becca Noonan said...

We had a grand time and I got a lot of QT in with my new little friend.