labels.

Monday, March 3, 2008

S.A.D.

My hiatus from blogging last week was due to what began as the flu three weeks ago, which then turned into a full fledged and painful throat infection that left me bed ridden for two days. Perhaps a bit too soon upon recovery, the lovely turn of warm and sunny weather uplifted my spirits to wanting to do nothing other than joyfully play in the outdoors, which has now opened way for allergies to take over. So, now I am back to where I started and feeling pretty crappy. But not crappy enough to miss another week of blogging.

Saturday was a glorious day. I stepped outside and instantly felt better. I think I am definitely one of those people that has a mild form of S.A.D. (seasonal affective disorder). Mamaw is too, she told me this Saturday when I picked her up for lunch. She didn't use the technical term, but she described it in so many words in her cute and funny Mamaw way. We both agreed though that the weather completely affects our mood. Well, this weekend the weather was such that I was on top of the world and ready for fun and living! I was done with rest. As nice weather would have it, camera was in tow.


I was not the only one in Chattanooga overcome by the gorgeous weather. Here I have captured little Ally's almost identical reaction. It was a jump and run around kind of feeling that took over.


Bekah was sittin' kids down by the river. So , I stopped by for some ice cream and play.

And what lovely day doesn't call for croquet in the park with friends?

Toby looks like a guy that would play croquet to me. I don't really know what that means, but I think the corduroy cap and sweater may have something to do with it. I like it.


Cara and Toby contemplate their comeback in this tight game of sticky wickets and fast rolling balls.

And the day ends with Korean food. Not really my idea of how to end a perfect day. But it was Cara's, who insisted that it be so (C and T are moving to Korea later this year). So we filled our tummies with oddities that I wouldn't normally eat, but did, and it wasn't so bad.

View all of the photos from the nice weather, fun having weekend here.

Mr. Pantz was able to document the nice weather night on my back porch. It's interesting.













No comments: